The Tea-Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My humble abode for American TV Wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2000 Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Discuss 2000 in Heat.
Back to top Go down
https://theteaparty.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Edge, Christian vs. D'Lo Brown, Val Venis (Heat, 01/02/00)
I like how the commentators flat out say Val and D-Lo hate each other because of the European title (which Val has). Val looks good to start off with, then D-Lo gets tagged in and screws up for his team. LOL at D-Lo having to crawl as fast as he can to move out of the way so E&C can double hip toss Val . But just as quick as D-Lo loses control of the match he regains it. Christian looks good as the FIP for the short time he does it (only short I guess because the match isn't too long), taking offence really nicely, as well as trying to comeback a few times. D-Lo looked really good cutting Christian off too. Hell, everyone looked good here. Val takes a great bump off an Edge DDT. Kinda like RVD where he does a head stand. Pretty swank finishing stretch too, and they play up on the "hatred" of Val and D-Lo which costs them the match, and they fight on the outside and have to be broken up. Fun stuff, and the match was pretty damn good for the short time it got. Strong showing from the mid-carders, something that helped make 2000 my all time favourite year.

Grand Master Sexay vs. Headbanger Mosh. (Heat, 01/02/00)
This has classic written all over it. Match starts off pretty shitty, but once Mosh takes control its actually pretty solid. He pulls out some nice offence and GMS sells for a BRA. Mosh's bra has metal on it, and GMS hits a cross body and well, goes chest first into the metal bra . Nice sunset flip powerbomb onto the floor too from GMS. Apparently any guy in drag looks the same because GMS tries to pin Thrasher after he attacks him while the referee is distracted by S2H moonwalking. In the end, Mosh picks up the win. Solid stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Viscera vs. The Godfather (Heat, 01/02/00)
Turns out 2 months ago Viscera tried to kill a couple of Ho's and then last week destroyed Luna, who was Gangrel's tag partner. So that kinda sorta explains Gangrel's part in all of this. Match is about as good as it can get considering its Viscera and Godfather. Simple stuff but fun enough. Gangrel sprays mist in Viscera's eyes and Godfather rolls him up for the win.

Val Venis vs. D'Lo Brown (Heat, 01/02/00)
Guess they couldn't wait. Literally, as Val goes after D-Lo on his way to the ring. He throws D-Lo face first into the ring post and you can just hear D-Lo scream "Oh GOD!" as he hits it . They go at it full force, and D-Lo even does a dive over the ropes ala Undertaker! Not as impressive when he does it though. Dead Man Wannabe. Nice little HATE~! filled match, and we almost get a title change when D-Lo pins Val but the referee misses the fact Val had his foot on the ropes. Teddy Long (former GM of SD. LOL. Loser) is the incompetent referee and has to be told about his mistake. Match continues! Val eventually gets fed up and tries to walk away with his title... and then the ref decides if Val gets counted out he loses his title. No idea how he's able to do that. Commentators claim that maybe HHH and Stephanie sent word down to ringside. Ok. LOL. In the end Val manages to get the win. Really good stuff here. Only one thing... I'm almost 100% certain that Val is carrying the IC title around.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Val Venis vs. Albert (Heat, 01/09/00)
Fuck yeah! Ha, didn't realise the "Shave your back" chants went back to 2000 and no doubt 99 too! Always figured it was just from like, late 02 when he took his top off and became A-Train. Albert hits some cool looking stuff and dominates Val early on, then Val goes nuts and lariats the fuck out of Albert a whole bunch of times in the corner. Then Bossman shows up and hits Albert in the back and Val hits the fisherman's suplex for the win. Short but decent.

Gangrel vs. The Godfather (Heat, 01/09/00)
Stupid Luna, chases off all the Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos because they attacked her backstage with lipstick or something. No idea. Match inside the ring is solid enough. Nothing to go out of your way to see, even as far as Heat matches go lol, but its not something you would want to avoid if you happened to be watching this specific episode lol. Finish looks almost botched, with Luna accidentally spraying red mist into Gangrel's face as he's going after The Godfather... and then The Godfather doesn't move out of the way in time and still gets clobbered but has to pretend nothing happened to he could go back on the offence and win the match
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Kurt Angle vs. Christian (Heat, 01/16/00)
This is the first match on the show, and hey, its actually pretty good. Not sure why I'm surprised, maybe because I never thought much of 2000 Christian (took until 04 for me to get on the Christian bandwagon) and early 2000 Angle was still trying to find himself. Really nice reversal sequence early on with Angle going for an Angle Slam then being countered into an Unprettier attempt before escaping that and taking Christian down to the mat. Steve Blackman who was teaming with Angle still at this point, shows up to help him out, but Edge shows up and they fight up the ramp. Unprettier from Christian and this should be over, but the ref is distracted by Edge and Blackman! Christian complains, and Angle sneaks up from behind with the Angle Slam for the win. Good stuff for the time it gets and my opinions of both guys during this time of their careers. Hmmm... maybe I should do a Best of Heat 2000 comp to go with the rest of my 00 comps .

Jeff Hardy vs. Prince Albert (Heat, 01/16/00)
Super awkward spot early on with Jeff coming off the ropes with... I forget the name of the move, and Albert wasn't in the right position at first and had to move into it and it looked dodgy. Impressive spot with Jeff jumping on the ropes and balancing (the middle of the ropes btw, not the corner) before hitting a moonsault. Seriously, he could just as easily fallen on his arse. Another awkward spot as Jeff flies off the ropes for a sunset flip and lands on Albert's arse . Holy shit, Last Ride Sit Out Powerbomb! I didn't think he started doing this until he went to Japan! Bossman shows up and... throws his nightstick to Jeff who uses it for the win or something. Mostly bad. They kept messing up spots lol. But yeah, Last Ride Sit Out Powerbomb!

Mean Street Posse vs. Too Cool, Rikishi (Heat, 01/16/00)
MAIN EVENT TIME, BABY! Mean Street Posse Vs Kaientai! Except Kane murders Kaientai in the back so I wonder who will face the MSP now... of course, its 2 Cool & Rikishi! They are fighting for the honour of Rikishi's shit, dammit! Totally worthy of a main event, though this probably should have been on Raw instead. Would have been way better than anything involving HHH and Cactus Jack. They aren't feuding over SHIT~! Rodney and Joe Abs get destroyed by 2 Cool on the outside, while Pete Gas gets murdered in the ring. Then Joey Abs is sent into the ring and gets murdered. And now its time for Rodney to feel the PAIN. He gets crushed. Match over.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Christian vs. Steve Blackman (Heat, 01/23/00)
This is happening because Blackman helped Angle retain his undefeated streak the week before against Christian. Christian looks good here, and its weird how I'm only now starting to see that Christian was ALWAYS good, even if it took me a bunch of years to first see it . Blackman, despite the fact he's duller than Chavo, is solid enough in the ring imo, and I did some of his offence, especially the rib breaker off the apron where he uses the ring steps in place of his knee! Christian gets a quick pin and then gets jumped by Al Snow before Edge shows up to help. Good match, lasted about 6 minutes but felt longer (in a good way).

The Godfather, D-Lo Brown, Prince Albert vs. The Headbangers, Big Boss Man (Heat, 01/23/00)
Albert wanted Bossman one on one, but Bossman didn't want to wrestle him one on one but said he's wrestle him in a tag. Albert randomly added himself into this match and then so did Bossman. Makes sense. Totally. Albert and Bossman look to start this thing, but Bossman runs away like a little bitch and tags out. Some nice action for the short time it gets, with Bossman eventually screwing Albert who gets pinned, all the while Bossman was never involved in the match legally when Albert was, so he avoided the big hairy fuck for another week!

Al Snow vs. Edge (Heat, 01/23/00)
Why do they keep bringing up Edge being engaged to Val Venis' sister? What does it have to do with anything? Ah well, its better than talking about Al Snow . Match is decent enough but seems to last forever, until Al gives Edge head and gets DQ'd. Commentators were far too busy talking about HHH/Cactus and the RR Match to really care, and honestly I was listening to them more than I was watching the match.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Big Boss Man vs. Prince Albert (Heat, 01/30/00)
Never did quite understand why Boss Man turned on Albert lol. One week they seemed to be fine, then Boss Man would screw with Albert, then they would team together again, then they would fight (and I know they team again AFTER this lol before splitting for good and forming 2 new teams with Test and Bull Buchanan). Crazy. Andy would love this match. 2 big bastards beating each other up. Vader Vs Albert just got added to my "never gonna happen dream matches" list. Ref takes a great bump at the end of the match. Albert has Boss Man tied up in the ropes and grabs his nightstick (uhhh... should I rephrase that?). Ref tries to stop him and Albert launches the ref across the ring with the nightstick. Then he hits Boss man with it and gets DQ'd. Boss Man gets on the mic and says he's making him proud. Guess that's how they become friends/partners again. Solid TV match, and of course fun. Would totally stick this on a best of Heat 2000 comp
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Mean Street Posse vs. Too Cool (Heat, 02/06/00)
Pete Gas is on commentary . Match is actually decent. MSP look more focused than usual. Must be the fact they have the APA to back them up. Pete Gas gets involved and Rikishi shows up to take care of him, and this causes the Posse to signal for the APA to come out! However, they haven't paid them yet, so no help this time! Hip Hop Drop and the Posse lose as usual!

Christian vs. Funaki (Heat, 02/06/00)
Wow, Funaki doesn't look like a bum. Actually looks like he could win, which is rare for his WWF run, especially in 2000 lol. Really good match here. INDEED.

Big Boss Man vs. Val Venis (Heat, 02/06/00)
I bet APA show up. Some awesome punches early on from both men. They do some nice brawling, and Val takes a great bump off a DDT, and then the APA show up to murder Boss Man. Good match for the time it got, and before the APA show up. Albert comes down to the ring to taunt Boss Man, then takes a cheap shot at him lol. And again, they become tag partners still after all of this .

The Headbangers vs. The Hardy Boyz (Heat, 02/06/00)
Solid tag match. Wonder what the tag scene would have been like if the Headbangers continued to be a team, and were more reinvent, once E&C, T&A, Hardys and Dudleys really got going. Mosh hit a sweeet looking move that I thought was going to be the finish, but nah, Headbangers are pretty much on their way out I guess so Hardys win.

Viscera vs. Albert (Heat, 02/06/00)
Some pretty awesome power moves in this one from Viscera. Powerbomb Spinebuster thingy looked awesome. Albert with a sunset flip attempt? Nice. Belly to Belly by Viscera looked more like a Double A Spinebuster than a Belly to Belly lol. Boss Man shows up too, and he's having fun watching Albert getting beat up... or is he? Nails Viscera in the head with the nightstick, and Albert bicycle kicks him for the win! Pretty awesome fat guy match.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 am

D'Lo Brown vs. Thrasher (Heat, 02/13/00)
D-Lo comes out with The Godfather and a bunch of Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooos while Thrasher comes out dressed as a tranny, along with Mosh. Also dressed as a tranny. Almost disappoints me to say that I'm 99% sure Cornette takes credit for the Headbangers. Which is insane because they debuted in the AE, as TRANNIES, and Russo wasn't responsible? I call bullshit. Maybe Cornette was responsible for them being a tag team and coming into WWF, then Russo gave them the gimmick. Yeah, that makes more sense and will make me sleep better tonight. You know, if I slept. I don't sleep. Apparently having Godfather at ringside isn't much help because he has a bad knee and is in pain. I call bullshit on that too. Godfather is probably higher than a fucking kite that's been let go and is now being viewed through an airplane window at 50,000 feet. He smokes weed, you see. Good match here, nice action. In the end Mosh switches place and jumps off the ropes... right into a Sky High and gets pinned. Ha, Sky High. Godfather. Weed. Referee must have been on weed too, because I wasn't aware the Headbangers had a "twin" thing going on.

Funaki vs. Viscera (Heat, 02/13/00)
Ha, Funaki is Viscera's opponent. He's gonna get crushed. And DIE. Lots of death tonight. Funaki, soon to be MSP, and Mae Young is fairly close to death too. Even if she is still alive 12 years later. Viscera throws Funaki about, Funaki does a decent job of hitting and running as he tries to take the fat fuck down, but Viscera catches him and lands a Worlds Strongest Slam, and doesn't go for the pin! Bit more punishment, Funaki uses he speed to avoid a few things, then gets powerbombed to HELL. And then Big Splashed back to life, but died again due to all the weight on his chest as Viscera covered him for the 3 count.

Mark Henry vs. Big Boss Man (Heat, 02/13/00)
There was a small Sexual Chocolate chant at the SD show I was at last week. By small, I mean 2 people were doing it. Right in front of me. They weren't even in their own seats. They went for a beer and got lost, and the seats in front of me were empty so they just sat there instead. Then did that thing on the phone with their friends, as they start shouting "we're over here, can ya see us?" as they wave at their friends. Pricks. They moved after the match thankfully. Anyway, this match. Henry runs over Boss Man, Boss Man goes after his nightstick. Ref finally gets rid of it and Mae Young picks it up and goes after Boss Man with it . Henry then makes a mistake when he tries to eat the steel steps. Ends up hurting him. Same goes for Boss Man's boot. Comeback from Henry, but in the end Boss Man gets his nightstick back and beats Henry with it. Fun fatties match.

Tazz vs. Mean Street Posse (Heat, 02/13/00)
Tazz went from ECW Champ to main eventing Heat against the Mean Street Posse. No regrets. Awww, this is just a singles match. I was expecting all 3 to take him on. Maybe Tazz just murders all 3 after the match or something. Bet that's it. Joey gets destroyed, Pete and Rodney attack Tazz from behind and Joey is able to take control! LOL. Tazz has to sell for the Posse. ECW Champ to selling for the Posse. No regrets. Tazz chokes out Joey Abs. Then Joey and Pete Gas throw Rodney into the ring lol. He gets killed and then thrown over the ropes onto the other 2 Posse members. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:49 am

The Dudley Boyz vs. D'Lo Brown, The Godfather (Heat, 02/20/00)
Bubba has been putting women through tables, so I'm pretty sure The Godfather & D-Lo ain't gonna be happy with them! Dudley's get completely dominated, with D-Von eventually taking a trip on the Hoooo Train, to France no doubt as it gets followed up with a FROG Splash. See what I did there? Did Ya? Huh? Huh? Yeah, I'm proud of myself . Lokos like The Dudley Boys are done, but Bubba ends the match with a steel chair and then tries to put a Ho through a table but are run off. Weird way to put the Dudley's over just a week before their tag title match at NWO against the NAO lol.

Ivory vs. Jaqueline (Heat, 02/20/00)
First women's match of 2000 on Heat. Ivory Vs the current champ... Jacqueline. Huh, half expected Miss Kitty to be the champ. Must have lost it on Raw or SD at some point. Ivory grabs the belt from the ref and parades around with it, so Jacky spears the shit out of her. About a minute later Jacky DDT's Ivory and wins... and look, its those DAMN Dudleys! Time for Bubba to go black! Nope, Hardy Boys come to save her. No wonder Terri turns on them at NWO; they couldn't save her, their MANAGER, but they managed to save Jacqueline, a nobody to them? Bubba is going nuts. He needs some wood relief and quick!

Essa Rios vs. Funaki (Heat, 02/20/00)
Essa Rios and LITA. LITA LITA LITA LITA LITA LITA LITA. Funaki is his opponent. LITA is out at ringside. LITA. Was actually about to ask where Taka was, but then I remembered the Royal Rumble. BOINK~! Some nice sequences, along with a LITACANRANA~! I'd love to take one of those. Also, anyone else hate Funaki's ring attire? Makes him look like a jobber. He's wearing some supermarket own brand "no frills" wrestling attire. Lita is wearing a red bra. Much better, though I doubt Funaki could pull it off. I wouldn't mind pulling it off (Lita). New Heat 2000 Drinking Game. Any time I make mention of wanting to fuck Lita, or at least something sexual mentioned about Lita, take a drink. Then again, don't. Even Andy would probably die. That's right, I want to fuck Lita so hard it would kill Andy. Sick Powerbomb from Essa then a Moonsault for the win. Then Lita hits a Moonsault. SEX WITH LITA~!

Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy (Heat, 02/20/00)
IC title on the line. No wait, its Jeff Hard in the match. Fucking announcers, I swear it must have been a gimmick for ALL of them to confuse Marr and Jeff in their matches. I remember it happening a bunch of times. Jeff takes a great bump off a clothesline. Jeff then tries to do his guard rail running jump attack thingy but Jericho counters it with a powerslam on the floor! Sweeeet. Hardy Boys actually CHEAT in this one! Hardy jumps up on the apron, causing Chyna to do the same. Matt jumps down, ref deals with Chyna, and Matt drags Jeff to the ropes as he was in the Walls at the time! Chyna returns the favour by dragging Jeff out of the ring after a Swanton Bomb, costing him the title. Dudley Boys show up, Chyna and Matt beat the fuck out of D-Von while Bubba hits a fucking sweet flapjack into a Bubba Cutter on Jeff, allowing Jericho to win. Nobody went through a table, but Bubba got his revenge! Good match!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 am

Essa Rios vs. Mosh (Heat, 02/27/00)
LITAAAAAAAAAAAA. And that guy. Essa Something. He's wrestling Mosh, who currently has bigger tits than Lita. Just wait until her implants! Her nice, big lovely implants! LITA. Not that she needed them imo. Essa flips about, Mosh grounds him, Lita makes me hard. Thrasher is on the outside helping Mosh cheat. When it comes to Lita, I'd certainly Thrasher. Lita gives Thrasher a Litacanrana because he kept interfering, then when he complains to the ref about it, Lita does the same to Mosh, but gets caught and Essa gets DQ'd lol. Decent match. Lita was awesome.

Albert, Big Boss Man vs. The Headbangers (Heat, 03/05/00)
Was it EVER explained as to why the Head Bangers dress like Scottish Trannies (I'm assuming they are the worst dressed of all the trannies)? Match is standard tag stuff. Finish is deeply disturbing. One of the Head Bangers dives crotch first into Boss Man's face, then Albert hits the Albert Bomb thingy and does that gay cover that happens rarely in wrestling which is still far too often.

D'Lo Brown vs. Al Snow (Heat, 03/05/00)
D-Lo Brown dressed at The Godfather (the Ho one, not the Mafia one. We need a big Mafia stable in wrestling. Not that Main Event Mafia shit. But the actual Mafia. Could be awesome. I started writing one in an old BTB. They were awesome. DON MORETTI. Started feuding with Eddie Guerrero after he turned down a job. He was gonna win MITB at WM the year after and get a huge push. Vs Al Snow. Short match, but fun back and forth sequences. Ends with a fucking SUPERPLEX. A million stars for that alone. D-Lo isn't happy he lost. Godfather reminds him that they have 4 whores so who cares about wins and loses?

Funaki vs. Mean Street Posse (Heat, 03/05/00)
I like how the commentators go from talking about Funaki hiring the APA for this match... then right after saying if they were betting men they'd bet on the MSP getting their first win. Uhhh... ok . Awesome move from the Posse with one hitting a back body drop into a powerbomb from another!!! APA come out when that happens and completely MURDER the Posse and allow Funaki to win. At this moment they reveal that the match is No DQ hence Funaki not getting DQ'd lol. Fun.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 am

Edge vs. Big Boss Man (Heat, 03/12/00)
Bossman is pretty good here. Mocking the crowd, throwing some pretty sweet punches, and taking advantage of any opening he can, the major one being when Terri shows up and distracts Edge. BOB FUCKING BACKLUND mention on Heat. LOL at the Spear on the ref. Didn't realise that Edge was landing shitty spears in 2000. BOSSMAN SLAM looked epic. No ref though. Bossman grabs his big hard stick and Terri grabs it too. Then Edge dropkicks it into his face and gets the win. Good stuff here. Bossman looked like a BOSS. Edge was there. Terri was there too. Not a fan of her. Big tits yes, but big fake tits, and her face looked like a 60 year old women.

Viscera vs. Matt Hardy (Heat, 03/12/00)
Funny that in 2012 Viscera has lost some weight and Matt is nicknamed FATT Hardy. Jeff distracts Viscera on the outside, and Viscera screams "what are you doing out here anyway?" and Jeff's brilliant comeback is "what are YOU doing out here?". Uhhh... WRESTLING YOUR BROTHER, DUMBASS. Ha, whole thing reminds me of That 70's Show. What are YOU doing in Canada, man? Matt avoids getting crushed, then distracts the ref while Jeff hits a Swanton Bomb and Matt gets the cover. ROLE MODELS.

Too Cool vs. The Headbangers (Heat, 03/12/00)
Sorry Mike, the pants are ON. 2 Cool dominate 99% of the match with Scotty working FIP for about 60 seconds . Either the crowd for Heat this week can't spell or they hadn't started spelling out worm when he does the move yet . Fun match. Scotty is weird. He screams and laughs maniacally far too often for a babyface .

Dean Malenko vs. Chris Jericho (Heat, 03/12/00)
Wonder if Dean has any hidden gems on Heat this year. Guessing no, but he could, right? I like him still . Jericho mentions holds and that Malenko knows 1000 of them... and doesn't bring up ARM BAR or 1004? I am disappointing in you, Christopher. Malenko dodges Jericho with a cartwheel then celebrates like he's just won the world title. DAT CHARISMA . Fun main event. Eddie gets involved a couple of times to prevent Jericho from winning but Malenko can't follow up and ends up losing anyway. Loser. He doesn't have any whores like Godfather and D-Lo. Yet. He gets them towards the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2000 Discussion
Page 1 of 1