The Tea-Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My humble abode for American TV Wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2000 Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Discuss 2000 in Nitro
Back to top Go down
https://theteaparty.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Booker-T vs. Lance Storm - Nitro 08/07/00
So basically the whole match is Mike Awesome eating burgers at ringside, a crossbody to the floor and then just constant near falls, mostly from Booker. Storm came close to winning once but I really can't buy his single leg-crab as a finisher. Lasted around 6 minutes and is nothing more than a poor exhibition TV match. This was included on Rise and Fall of WCW why?!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Vince Russo Vs Booker T - Cage match - WCW title - WCW Monday Nitro 9/25/00
Why the fuck did I watch this? Because I am a glutton for punishment, that's why! This match is actually... all right, in a dumb as fuck brawling sort of way, I mean it's shit but it's still better than anything Tiger Jeet Singh ever did for instance.

The "cage" is actually a hell in a cell, but it's cage match rules, i.e. escape to win. Russo doesn't attempt to wrestle or any shit like that, all he does is batter Booker with a baseball bat he was hiding in his trousers and then a lead pipe handed to him by Lex Luger through the cage. Booker honestly does jack shit other than sell a few things, hit a scissors kick and SPINAROONIE.

There's actually some inventive bits, like Russo getting a ladder and trying to escape through the top of the cell only to be stopped by a rappeling Sting, or the ending where Goldberg spears Russo through the cell, oh and Flair kicking Russo in the balls is fun.

My main issue with this match, right it's 2000, WCW is tanking in the ratings WHY THE FUCK THEN DO THEY MAIN EVENT A SHOW WITH VINCE RUSSO WINNING THE TITLE? WHY THE FUCK DO THEY HAVE A MATCH WHERE STING, GOLDBERG, LUGER, STEINER AND FLAIR ALL MAKE APPEARANCES BUT NOT ACTUALLY HAVE THEM WRESTLE?

AGGGHHH
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Jim Duggan vs. Goldberg - Nitro 6/26/00
Awesome pre-match video to pump up Duggan. Really fun squash but not a great one: I didn't for a second believe Duggan could pull out a fluke win, and Goldberg wasn't sufficiently murderous to overcome that. The match did show major potential for heel Goldberg. Any great heel Goldberg matches? I know he turned before the Fall Brawl match with Steiner, right? So it must not have been a long run.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Booker T Vs Jeff Jarret – San Fransisco 49er match – 12th October 2000
I’m gonna admit something: I love shite gimmicks, I love stupid gimmicks. I mean it, I love the Last Ride match, I love the Punjabi Prison Match, I even love the Kennel From Hell, but this shit? This is maybe the dumbest stipulation ever, it combines Russo’s love of poles with Russo’s love of SWERVES with no real sense of accomplishment, I mean in the Punjabi Prison when someone wins they actually win, they’ve proven they’re better than their opponent, in this match?

Well there’s 4 poles, one in each corner of the ring, a wooden box is suspended from each pole, in one box is the WCW title, in the other 3? According to the announcers it’s weapons, according to the match? It’s a sex doll, a picture of Scott Hall and A COAL MINERS GLOVE. In the year 2000. These “weapons” are so shite that the actual wooden boxes are used as weapons more than the “weapons”

You can guess the basics of the match, the first 3 boxes don’t have the title so it’s a battle to get to the last box. My main problem with the match is that there’s moments where either guy has like a full minute to get the final box but instead they taunt or prep coal miners gloves for no reason or trying to pull a guitar out from under the ring FOR NO FUCKING REASON.

Oh and WHY IN THE BLUE HELL DOES THE REF ACTUALLY DO THE WHOLE RAISE ARM THING WHEN BOOKER IS IN A SLEEPERHOLD?”??!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IS TO FUCKING GRAB THE BOX SO WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING??!?!?!? AND WHY THE FUCK DOES HE DO A COUNT WHEN BOTH GUYS ARE ON THE GROUND!?!?!?!? FUCK THIS MATCH, FUCK IT HARD UP THE FUCKING ASS WITH SOMETHING HARD AND SANDPAPERY.

This match Is bad, don’t know whether it’s the shite gimmick, the fact Booker needs a great opponent to do good or that Jeff Jarrett is more boring than Chavo Guerrero and Rob Conway working in a cardboard box factory.

Oh and the match ends with a midget punching Jeff in the balls 5 times and the title falling out it’s box and the ref grabs it first, therefore technically meaning he’s champion.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Sting, Booker T, Goldberg & Kronik Vs Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner & Vince Russo - War Games - Nitro 04/11/2000
It's a War Games match in the year 2000 on Nitro and NOT on PPV featuring Vince Russo. For the WCW title. Even though it's a team match. Triple cage too. And anyone can win the match and the title BEFORE all the competitors enter the match. If someone does get the title belt from on top of the cage, they then have to LEAVE the cage to win. So someone could take it from them and win by doing almost fuck all. If you didn't think this was gonna suck from the get go, the announcer claiming that Jarrett and Sting are the two best wrestlers in the world just as the match starts should make it more clear . Also, why is the heel team 1 member short? Shouldn't the babyfaces have the disadvantage if there is gonna be one?

Sting and Jarrett... do some stuff. Then Steiner comes in and does some stuff, then Kronik come out and enter the match. Together. At the same time. And apparently it could have been another heel too instead of Kronik. Did they forget that War Games like, had rules and shit?

Russo comes out with a helmet because he has a concussion. And the Harris Brothers climb the cage on the outside to get Kronik who are trying to kill Steiner.

Tony tries to put Nash over as being a smart champion, saying that he asked Nash earlier what his strategy was, and apparently Nash said he would stand by the door and wait for people to come down with the belt and take it from them. So what does Nash ACTUALLY do? Runs into the ring and beats people up. LOL.

Nash is supposed to be on Russo's team, but keeps trying to kill him which is pretty funny. Then Goldberg comes in and has the chance to kill him but Russo gets the better of him. With a baseball bat, but still; Russo beat Goldberg lol.

Oh hey, Sting is in this match. He just flops around doing fuck all. BEST WRASTLER IN TEH WORLD!

Somehow everyone ends up in the second cage, which is odd because all the heels were controlling everyone in the ring one second and the next the babyfaces were somehow able to climb a ladder without being stopped. This entire match just makes NO SENSE. From the rules, the way its booked, how everyone performs... NO SENSE.

Booker T gets the belt, then gets killed on the way down and Russo gets it. Then gets kicked in the head by The Cat. And then The Cat gets a powerbomb for his troubles. Then Goldberg decides he can escape from his handcuffs. Maybe he should have done that, I dunno, 5 minutes ago? Ah well. Goldberg tries to leave with the belt, and Bret Hart slams the door into his face. Where the fuck did Bret come from? Aren't there enough guys already in the match? Nash then hugs Russo and walks out with the belt. Ok.

Only reason I watched this is because I'm downloading all the War Games matches and this finished first. Pile of fucking retarded shit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:44 am

Scott Steiner vs. Bill Goldberg (Nitro 7/18/00)
I should watch a bunch of Golbderg because I am convinced the guy was a good wrestler. He's not a wrestler who can do anything and everything, but he was called on to be the squash monster babyface who does impressive power spots and makes every moment seem big and goddamn it he did just that. He can be a very good short term seller too, even a little thing like the sell of a stomp-kick thingy looked better than your average sell of a stomp-kick thingy. His power spots here were great; a super looking butterfly suplex, an amazing running shoulder block where he continued to sell the after-effects of a suplex, etc. The part near the beginning where he runs after Steiner and Steiner dodges, leaving Goldberg to quickly grab the ropes so he doesn't run himself into the turnbuckle was completely awesome and felt like a huge moment. Steiner does a fine job here and hits some really nice looking forearms to start the match, but I came away from this thinking I should watch more Goldberg. This is 2000 WCW, it has a shitty finish and shitty booking (Miller was referee, Booker came out, Nash came out...I turned the video off), but the match was fun as hell. Will somebody fucking tell me why Bill Goldberg isn't a good wrestler? He doesn't do everything perfectly, has his flaws, isn't the best at filling time, and I'm not suggesting he belongs in the discussion of best wrestlers, but there are so many 'Goldberg sucks' people that I'm starting to wonder if they've even watched any Goldberg.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Harris Boys vs. The Varisty Club (Nitro, 01/03/00)
Harris Boys team up on Roadkill and HOLY SHIT STACY KIBLERS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RING! Stacy is trying to hold up the practices or something with a RTC like group and the Harris Boys win with a bulldog. DUD Was barley match. It was kind of a squash but they didn’t even pay attention to the match the whole time and it was only like two minutes long.

David Flair, Crowbar vs. Lash Leroux, Midnight (Nitro, 01/03/00)
Lash is a fucking rip off of Jericho and Midnight is… a giant black chick. David starts this off but decides not to use his crowbar so Lash attacks him from behind. Stevie Ray (?) is on commentary and he’s pretty annoyning and he’s mad at Midnight for um, being a girl. Crowbar gets tagged in and ends up flying to the outside and Lash dives on top of them. They keep on cutting to Rick Stiener in the middle of the match just to piss me off. Lash seems pretty decent. He catapults Crwobar into the steps. Lash tags in Midnight and she picks up Lash and slams him into Crowbar. She does a couple of cart wheels and a pretty nice dropkick. Stevie grabs Midnight’s leg so Lash gets in and his a couple of clohtheslines followed by punches. He rams Crowbar into David. Booker T saves Midnight from Ray only for Ray to whip Booker and Midnight. Lash hits a moonsault from the top onto David and then he kind of throws Crowbar and had both guys beat but Johnny Bull and some other guy attack Lash allowing David to get the win. Pretty decent actually, would of been better if it wasn’t over booked, had time to develop, and quit focusing on fucking Rick Stiener. Lash is a pretty decent wrestler but is a total rip off of Jericho. Would be better if he could have his own gimmick. **1/2

Buff Bagwell, Kanyon vs. Asya, Norman Smiley (Nitro, 01/03/00)
Kaynon has Godfather’s gimmick here… except he’s a heel. And he comes out with a thing of champagne. He has a stupid accent. Chris tells the fans this isn’t hollywood and Buff has shitty acting skills. Buff says that this is Hollywood (Bobby: Boy is he lost.) Buff says he doesn’t drink champagne (is Buff secretly straight edge? [Caliber Note: Considering Buff is loaded with anabolic steroids, I'm gonna go ahead and say no]) and breaks it over Chris’s head. Problem is that wasn’t the match I guess, he was supposed to have a tag team match. Asya’s a girl and Norman is in a fucking dog suit for some reason. Buff gets worked on for most of the beginning of the match and then starts Hulking up only for Asya to hit him with a low blow but Smiley accidently hits Asya leading to Buff hitting the Blockbuster for the win. Had a decentish heat segment and wasn’t that bad. *
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash vs. The Harris Brothers (Nitro, 01/03/00)
The Harris Brothers beat the crap out of Nash so Nash gets his basball bat and the Varsity Club beats down the Harris Brothers but the Ref didn’t see it because he was busy with Nash. Scott who was on commentary the whole match gets tagged in and pins one of the Brothers for the win.
DUD Wasn’t even a match. More of a segment than anything.

Buff Bagwell vs. Crowbar vs. Vampiro (Nitro, 01/03/00)
Crowbar gets a couple of punches and chops but Vampiro comes back with a couple of kicks and a crossbody from the top. Buff the Stuff comes in and we cut to Anderson/Funk trying to talk David Flair. Its really annoyning, has nothing to do with the match, and keeps cutting away to this. I really wish Buff Bagwell would beat up Vince Russo. Somehow David Flair wins this match and he’s not even in it. Or maybe this was a tag match, I’m not really sure. DUD

Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner vs. David Flair, Crowbar (Nitro, 01/03/00)
Nash pretty much destroys David and Crwobar by himself while Scott does commentary. Nash sends Crowbar flying into the guardrail, beats up David Flair in the corner, and then hits Crowbar with a powerbomb. Arn Anderson comes down as a Ref and hits Nash with a crowbar so David then gets the win. DUD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Dean Malenko, Saturn vs. Konnan, Kidman w/ Rey Mysterio (Nitro, 01/10/00)
The deal here is that The Revolution [Dean, Saturn, Asya [Asia is bigger than China!] Shane Douglas] dislike The Filthy Animals [Kidman, Konnan, Rey Mysterio] thus they are fighting. The match is Texas Tornado [that's the term for it when I played No Mercy]. Anyways, they’re fighting for about a minute when David Flair & Crowbar make their way down with superhot Daffney for the interference. Since it’s a no-rules kinda match, there’s no DQ, and since it’s WCW, David & Crowbar are suddenly participants in the match. Mean while, Dean & Saturn take Mysterio, who isn’t in the match, over to a table, and Saturn leaps off of a balcony and crashes on top of Mysterio. So, since Saturn is hurt, David runs over for the pin. Now, Douglas, who’s part of the Revolution, is literally about 6 inches from both of these guys and is just staring at them in disbelief like he’s caught in a mime’s invisible box. He makes no attempt to break up the pin. So, David gets the pin, and there we go. About 4-5 minutes of wrestling, and the last you’ll see of it for about an hour. DUD.

Jeff Jarrett vs. George "The Animal" Steele (Nitro, 01/10/00)
George hasn’t aged since I last saw him, he still looks 70. So, it’s a hardcore match. Double J takes for ever to get in the ring. The Animal eats the turnbuckle, Double J then smashes him with a guitar. Arn sneaks in, hit’s him with the Spinebuster, then Benoit pulls Steel over Double J and counts the fast three. First off, it’s really awesome to see George Steele getting a victory in the 2000′s. Also, it took 3 fucking people to beat Double J. Are you kidding me? DUD

Jeff Jarrett vs. Tito Santana (Nitro, 01/10/00)
Well, I’ll be damned. So, it’s a Dungeon Match, which means you can’t touch the floor. Honestly, I can’t dump on this too hard, because Tito still has the moves, and they could have actually had a pretty decent match if this wasn’t WCW. Well, a football player who Double J was giving shit before the match comes up the apron, at the same time Larry comes up on the other side to talk to Benoit, thus letting Mr. 1derful come in and piledrive Double J. He puts Tito on top of Double J, and Benoit hits the fast count. OK, so that’s FIVE GUYS and a fast count it took to beat Double J. I mean, this literally makes absolutely no sense.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (Nitro, 01/10/00)
All night the mystery guys would show up in a car, and the camera would cut right before the reveal. Well, they screwed up and showed us Snuka. So, this is a cage match. They fight for a minute before Orndorff and Zybysko come in to even things up a bit. So, all 4 guys, Snuka, Benoit, Paul & Larry lay into Double J. Snuka climbs to the top of the cage and leaps onto Double J, Benoit follows suit with a flying head-butt. Both of these moves injured Double J, and he was out for a while. Thus screwing up the PPV line-up. Well, it only took 4 guys, 2 leaps from on-top of a cage, and a fast count to beat Double J. That’s it? If they really wanted to make this believeable, as well as make sense, Arn should have drove in on Grave Digger and ran over Double J, and then have Funk touch all 4 turnbuckles, get to his feet to beat the 10-count and win the ladder match.

Bret Hart vs. Kevin Nash (Cage, Nitro, 01/10/00)
Through out the night, they kept showing clips of Bret & Kevin becoming more and more hostile towards each other because neither would lay down. So, they’re angry. The match itself actually isn’t that bad. I thought it was going to be really short, but they actually brought it, well at least Bret did. After about 10 minutes, Nash grabs a chair, and before he can get into the ring, Arn Anderson runs down and hits him in the back with a pipe. Arn just so happens to be in a ref shirt, I assume because his shift at Foot Locker starts after the show is over, or something. Well, Arn then gets Bret’s attention, and while that’s going on, Sid runs down and takes out Bret from behind. Arn gets in the ring as the cage lowers. Sid gives Bret a chokeslam, then a powerbomb. He goes for the pin as Arn makes the count. I’m stunned. The match started as a normal wrestling match between Bret Hart & Kevin Nash with Charles Robinson as the ref. It ended with Arn Anderson as the ref, counting Sid’s pin on Bret Hart in a cage match. This is the most INSANE thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Vince Russo literally has to have something wrong with himself. How can he in anyway say this makes sense?! HOW?! 2/3rds of the guys who started in the match ended up being replaced near the end and it carried on like nothing happened! I’m gonna give Russo the benifit of the doubt, and just assume I had a stroke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2000 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000 Discussion   2000 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2000 Discussion
Page 1 of 1