The Tea-Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My humble abode for American TV Wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2011 Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

2011 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Discussion   2011 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Discuss Xplosion in 2011.
Back to top Go down
https://theteaparty.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

2011 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Discussion   2011 Discussion EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:47 am

Alex Shelley vs. Doug Williams - Xplosion 08/17/11
Well, this was quite the little gem. I can't think of too many TV matches from TNA this year that could compete with this, but then again it is TNA where you're lucky if a TV match goes over 6-7 minutes. I'd easily say this is the best sub-10 minute match TNA has produced so far this year. Magnus on commentary is a nice addition, he really puts over Doug as a dangerous veteran but also does well to make Shelley sound like a worthy equal. As you do. THIS is the Alex Shelley I love watching, not that spot-spot-spot MCMG Shelley, but rather watch the 'Technical Messiah' Shelley. There's really only 4 parts to this match, An Even-Steven's period, Shelley control segment, Williams control segment and then the finishing stretch. However all 4 parts are really entertaining and contain some of the most innovative counters I've seen in a while. Definitely check out Shelley's counter to Chaos Theory. I'll not spoil the result but you're left feeling like it actually could've gone either way. Great stuff.

***1/2
Back to top Go down
https://theteaparty.forumotion.com

2011 Discussion
Page 1 of 1