The Tea-Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My humble abode for American TV Wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1996 Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

1996 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 1996 Discussion   1996 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Discuss
Back to top Go down
https://theteaparty.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

1996 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1996 Discussion   1996 Discussion EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:42 am

Hulk Hogan vs. The Shark - WCW Worldwide 3/24/96
This is the day before the Doomsday Cage (Which I’m sure I’ll get to eventually) and for some reason this is opening the show. So it would appear that The Shark is being used by the Dungeon Of Doom to soften Hogan up before the Doomsday Cage.

The match is your typical Hogan match ‘till the end, Shark gains control to start with, works Hogan over with a nice Bearhug. Hogan heels it up with some bites to the forehead. Shark regains control, goes for the big splash but Hogan avoids it, Hulks up, goes for the big boot sending Shark outside. Then Hogan hits Shark with a chair but doesn’t get DQ-ed because…. I ‘unno he’s Hulk Hogan or some shit. Post match he leather Shark some more then sits in a chair wearing a bandana slightly resembling Josef Stalin whilst the camera shows some old lady taking a swig out of a hip flask.

½*

Sting Vs The Shark - WCW Worldwide 4/14/96
Good old WCW announcing, they talk over both entrances and the start of the match with Tony burying Bobby’s WCW magazine article saying it isn’t even written by him. At least it leads to THE ONE TIME EVER WHERE TONY WORKED OUT A BOBBY HEENAN JOKE, Heenan says he uses a Polyograph ( [Only admins are allowed to see this link] ... ing_device) ) and Tony works out that the punch line is gonna be that she’s a sweet Irish girl (Polly O’Graph for the slow Cals of the world). Wanna know why I’m discussing this? Me too.

Poor John Tenta, he even got his tattoos modified to Sharks for the gimmick and he’s stuck being a 5 minute jobber to the stars. Match is decent with Shark dominating for the majority of the match. With Shark continually hitting splashes and elbow drops. And an awesome bit where Sting tries to press-slam Shark only to have the bigman just fall on top of him. Match ends with the worst Samoan Drop ever.

½*
Back to top Go down
https://theteaparty.forumotion.com

1996 Discussion
Page 1 of 1