The Tea-Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My humble abode for American TV Wrestling.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2010 Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Discuss iMPACT in 2010.
Back to top Go down
https://theteaparty.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 am

Awesome Kong and Hamada vs. Speed Queens-Jan. 4th
Probably the best Knockout's match in 2010. Usually I get bored and can't stand womens matches but this one was differenent. It was high flying and fast paced. Haven't seen a Knockout's match like this since. Great stuff.

Desmond Wolfe vs. D'angelo Dinero-Jan. 4th
Was too short to really be anything special but there was nice arm work by Wolfe along with a nice comeback built up by Pope. They did well with the short time they had and seem to have good chemistry.

A.J Styles vs. Kurt Angle-Jan. 4th
I liked this match much better this time. I think it was down to me not being so nitpicky and sitting back just enjoying it for what it was. Sure it was all the moves~! but that was necessary to keep viewers tuned in. Not their worst effort.
**3/4
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 am

Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me-Jan. 14th
Generation Me scored an upset victory in their debut and what a debut it was. For a match a little over 5 minutes it did a great job of getting Generation Me over right from the get-go. Fast paced, high flying X-Division style action. Great stuff.
***1/4

Desmond Wolfe vs. Samoa Joe-Jan. 14th
Impressive showing from both men for a 5 minute match. Not as good as the opener but very good nonetheless. Pope on commentary got annoying after a few minutes and Wolfe could have looked a bit stronger but it didn't hinder the match.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:46 am

Kurt Angle vs. A.J Styles-Jan. 21st
Unlike their previous matches, A.J was the clear cut heel here. Angle seemed set to get revenge for the screwy finish at Genesis. That was going to plan until A.J heeled it up to get an advantage. After the break, A.J works over the leg of Angle, with a chop block and figure-four leg lock. Things went back and forth with some of the same stuff from the Genesis match. Once A.J locked in an Ankle Lock, Hebner did a screwjob finish and Angle went crazy around ringside.
1/2*

MCMG and Brian Kendrick vs. Generation Me and Amazing Red-Jan. 28th
Sure this might seen appetising on paper but it was really just a 5 minute spotfest. At least it was fun to watch. This is slightly significant though since after the match, Doug Williams cashed in an X-Division Title Shot on Amazing Red and won the X-Division TItle.
1/2*

Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Jarrett-Jan. 28th
Watched this since it was Jarretts first match in 7 months. Jarrett started out strong by having offensive control at the start of the match but after the break, Anderson was firmly in the driver seat. He works on the arm of Jarrett, driving it into the ring post and steel steps. Anderson continued working over Jarrett's arm. Anderson thought he had Jarrett on a platter but Jarrett uses his good arm to build a comeback. But a Low Blow from Anderson derailed all that and Anderson picked up the win at around 7 minutes.
*3/4
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:47 am

D'angelo Dinero vs. A.J Styles-Feb. 4th
A.J went in thinking this would be a breeze in the park but his mind was quickly changed in the opening minutes as Dinero brought it to A.J. After the break, A.J is hitting his stride and seems to have Pope in the palm of his hand. Anytime Pope tries to get some momentum, A.J drills him and brings him right back down. Out of nowhere, Pope caught A.J in a small package and got a huge upset victory. Nice progression as a heel by A.J in this one.
**1/2

Doug Williams vs. Amazing Red-Feb. 11th
Red seems determined to get revenge for the cheap title loss the week before, He catches Williams with a flurry of kicks out of all positions right from the get-go. Williams doesn't get any offence in until he spots a reversal. Williams keeps Red grounded for a while but he takes too long going to the top rope which allowed Red to get back in the swing of things. Red hits some explosive moves and got a nearfall for his efforts. Williams managed to spot an opportunity to hit Chaos Theory and he capitalized on it. Williams retains. Doesn't get much better for 5 mins, Red must be one of the best short-match performers in TNA.
**3/4

Mr. Anderson & Kurt Angle vs. Hernandez & Desmond Wolfe-Feb. 11th
Anderson started off with Hernandez but bailed real quick once he got a piece. Angle and Wolfe had a nice wrestling exchange with work on the arm. Angle takes him time to get going against Wolfe and Hernandez. He had Wolfe tapping but Anderson had the ref distracted. Angle had the match won, but Anderson threw Angle out of the ring and stole the victory. Fun little tag-match but nothing more. Gets the Anderson/Angle storyline going.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 am

Doug Williams, MCMG, Kendrick vs. Red, Generation Me, Kaz-Feb. 18th
This was pretty much the Kaz show but it was fun as hell. It was your typical weekly X-Division spotfest which were the highlights of iMPACT at the time. Not intended for quality, just for pure enjoyment. Great use of 5 mins though.

Kazarian vs. Brian Kendrick-Feb. 25th
Another all-Kazarian match. This was a No.1 Contenders match so you'd have thought it might have gotten more than 3 minutes, but nope! Best part was the return of the Flux-Capapcitor. Other than that, nothing noteworthy about the match.
1/2*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 am

Kurt Angle vs. Amazing Red-iMPACT! 06/10/10
Well I don't think you could fit much more action into four minutes. Angle was his usual self but Red looked like a star here. His agility kept catching Angle out and I would't have been surprised to see him get the win the way things were going. Judging from this match, a PPV match or an iMPACT match with 10 mins+ between these two would be awesome.
**1/2

Rob Van Dam vs. Samoa Joe-iMPACT! 08/07/10
Wow, This was great! I'd heard good things from the tapings but not this good. Joe seemed to bring out a determined side in RVD that hasn't necessarily been seen yet in his TNA Run. Both men worked at a fast pace with Joe obviously being the stiffer of the two. The match got enough time to be memorable, around the 12 minute mark I believe but It looked like these guys have a much better match in them, which is only a good thing. The ECW guys didn't distract from the match and the ending reminded me of Angle/Taker from No Way Out 06 where both guys were left looking strong. Unlike Taker though, I think Joe will get full-on revenge. This is easily Joe's best match since coming back in April and it's probably the same story for Van Dam (I gave his match with A.J at Sacrifice the same rating.) Seriously enjoyable stuff!
***1/2

Kurt Angle vs. Hernandez-iMPACT! July 22nd
This match seemed a little too formulatic for me. Angle was doing his usual stuff fine but Hernandez who isn't a very good singles guy seemed to have trouble keeping up. They didn't have a whole lot of time to do anything special anyway, 6 minutes. I can't see what more these two could have done with eachother as they don't have the best chemistry and came off more like an average TV match when it should have felt important since it's part of a major storyline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2010 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Discussion   2010 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Discussion
Page 1 of 1